By Trish Allen FAVAO Trainer
When it comes to the FAVAO meal plans and their association with vegetables, you might be wondering, “Where are they?” Our answer: “Anywhere and everywhere you want!” We love vegetables and the many essential vitamins, minerals, and fiber they provide. Working vegetables into your day can be very simple. A great practice is to “buy local and buy fresh.” That gives you the opportunity to support local growers, and often provides you with a healthier, better selection of produce. Following is an example of how I add a few vegetables to some of my favorite FAVAO meals and snacks:
- METABOLIC BOOSTER SHAKE: Throw some spinach or kale in to your morning shake. You won’t even taste it!
- BREAKFAST: If this meal has eggs involved, mix in a variety of color and nutrients by adding chopped bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, etc., and turn normal eggs into a colorful omelet.
- LUNCH: Many of the lunches would make delicious and filling salads by placing all of the ingredients over a bed of mixed greens. You can also serve a side of steamed or raw vegetables (like broccoli, zucchini, or cauliflower) with lunch.
- SNACKS: Keep sliced vegetables in the fridge and have available to add to any Energy or Power Snack. Cucumber, celery, and bell peppers are a tasty addition to any snack.
- DINNER: The perfect compliment to finish off the day would be a small side-salad. Sample salad ideas and dressings can be found in the back of your book under the FAVAO Program Kitchen.
As you can see, with a little creativity the possibilities are endless! You don’t have to add in vegetables to each and every meal or snack, but start by trying one new addition this week and let us know how simple it was and what worked for you and your family. Trish Allen, FAVAO Trainer